Scivation XTEND (30 Servings) Product Info
Scientifically Advanced Endurance and Recovery Enhancer
Build Muscle, Burn Fat, Aid Recovery
The new Scivation XTEND is the most advanced SUGAR FREE and CARBOHYDRATE FREE Intra-Workout Catalyst in the world!
XTEND is scientifically formulated to maximize training intensity and promote optimal muscle protein synthesis and recovery while you train. Proven effective in two university studies, XTEND is formulated with a precise PentActive blend of active ingredients, synergistically involved in key cellular processes to optimize muscle performance and response:
• 7000 mg of BCAAs in a research-proven ratio
• 3500 mg of Leucine
• 2500 mg of Glutamine
• 1000 mg of Citrulline Malate
• 1171 mg of Electrolytes
• 640 mcg of Vitamin B6
• And, zero Carbohydrates or Sugar
XTEND was recently reformulated to dramatically improve taste and ingredient solubility. XTEND is easily mixed with a spoon and provides added functionality for workouts or events under the most grueling of conditions. XTEND is available in six mouth-watering, refreshing fruit flavors to make every workout your most intense.
As a dietary supplement, mix one serving (one level scoop) of Scivation XTEND™ per 10 fluid ounces of water. Shake well and consume during exercise on training days or throughout the day on non-training days.
Warnings: Keep out of reach of children. Always consult a physician prior to using any dietary supplements.
Q: What is XTEND?
A: XTEND is the ultimate sugar-free, BCAA-containing drink mix to be consumed intra-workout (during exercise.) Whether you’re a physique athlete, strongman, powerlifter, traditional athlete (e.g., football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc), endurance competitor, or just looking to significantly change your body composition through resistance training and nutrition, XTEND is ideally formulated to maximize training intensity and support your goals.† XTEND was the first and has become the most well-recognized and most widely-used used intra-workout catalyst product because it not only works but it tastes great too!
Q: What is in XTEND?
A: XTEND is commonly thought of as simply a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) supplement, but that is like saying a Navy SEAL is a sailor who can swim really well. There’s so much more to the story. XTEND contains:
1. BCAAs (leucine, isoleucine, and valine,) in a research validated 2:1:1 ratio to stimulate and support muscle protein synthesis and provide metabolic energy while you train.†
2. Glutamine to promote muscle intracellular BCAA metabolism down the correct energy and protein synthesis pathways via the BCAA aminotransferase enzyme.†
3. Vitamin B6 to ensure optimal BCAA aminotransferase reactions.
4. Bonded Citrulline Malate to help facilitate rapid ATP turnover and lactate re-absorption to support higher training volumes at a given exercise intensity.
5. Electrolytes (potassium, chloride and sodium) to optimize cell hydration and muscle contractile function while you train even under the most brutal of conditions.
Q: Who should use XTEND?
A: XTEND is designed to be effective for anyone — male or female — who wants to perform at their best, from competitive athletes to those serious about changing their physique. Though ideal for strength training or bodybuilding (especially those on low-carb diets,) XTEND can also be used very effectively in a “bulking phase” or by endurance athletes during training and competition. XTEND works whether it’s used as formulated and indicated, or whether you choose to combine XTEND with supplemental carbohydrates based upon performance needs and duration.
Q: When’s the best time to consume XTEND?
A: Two university studies confirm that XTEND is significantly effective at increasing muscle mass and strength, and reducing body fat when consumed during exercise or immediately prior to and after training.
It’s recommended that you begin consuming XTEND immediately before your workout, and continue sipping on XTEND throughout your training or competition. Many users also report significantly improved gains when XTEND is consumed first thing in the morning and sipping on XTEND throughout the day.
Q: Will the sodium content in the new XTEND make me look bloated and flat?
A: No it won’t. Sodium has been given a bad rap in the fitness community. Online forums are frequently atwitter about how sodium will immediately obscure your hard-earned muscles with excess water and bloat. While that might be the case if you suck down a large pizza, the relatively small amount of sodium per serving of XTEND isn’t going to camouflage your shoulder striations. Studies have shown that people can lose up to 1,800 mg of sodium in a liter of sweat. You could have seven servings of XTEND a day and still not replace that amount.
Even serious competitors don’t need to avoid salt until just a few days before their event. In fact, some research suggests that following a chronically low-sodium diet makes it harder to achieve that ripped look when the sodium finally is eliminated before a contest.
The fact is, XTEND contains the correct ratio of electrolytes to help you train intensely and recovery properly. And it’s training and recovery — not counting grains of salt — that’s going to build you the body that you want.
Q: How much XTEND should I consume for it to be most effective?
A: For best mixing results and taste, pour eight fluid ounces of filtered water into a shaker cup. Add 1 scoop of XTEND. Close the shaker cup and swirl to create a vortex effect and draw the XTEND powder into the liquid. Once the XTEND powder has fallen into solution, shake vigorously for about 25 shakes. For endurance athletes who may add XTEND to their hydration pack, it’s recommended that XTEND be mixed in a shaker cup or pitcher and then poured into the backpack. (Mixing directly within the bladder of the hydration pack may cause the tubing to become blocked). NOTE: If you find that some of the BCAA material settles at the bottom of the shaker cup, you may not have used the correct dilution ratio of 1 scoop of XTEND per eight ounces of water.
Q: What results will I achieve from using XTEND?
A: Two clinical studies support the effective use of XTEND, when combined with exercise.
XTEND Increased Lean Body Mass by 2x MORE than Whey Protein and 3x MORE than Carbohydrates in just 8 weeks!
XTEND Decreased Body Fat by 2x MORE than Whey Protein and 3x MORE than Carbohydrates in just 8 weeks!
XTEND Increased the Bench Press Weight Used on a 10-reps to failure test (10-RM) by 2x MORE than Whey Protein and 3x MORE than Carbohydrates in just 8 weeks!
XTEND Increased the Squat Weight Used on a 10-reps to failure test (10-RM) by 2x MORE than Whey Protein and 3x MORE than Carbohydrates in just 8 weeks!
Other results you can expect from using XTEND include:
• Increased Exercise Training Volume (More Volume/More Total Work = Greater Adaptation or More Muscle)
• Increased Muscle Protein Synthesis
• Reduced Muscle Protein Breakdown
• Increased Muscular Endurance
• Increased Energy & Endurance Capacity
• Improved Blood Glucose Disposal & Insulin Response
• Increased Power Output
• Increased ATP Synthesis/Resynthesis
• Increased Nitric Oxide (NO)
• Delayed Onset of Muscle Fatigue/Increased Time to Exhaustion
• Improved Neuromuscular Responsiveness & Recovery
• Improved Hydration
Q: How fast will I see results from using XTEND?
A: Most XTEND users report an immediate response during training. Variables such as training volume, reduced fatigue, and increased muscular endurance and power output are common to first-time XTEND users.
For body composition and strength changes, XTEND studies support significant improvements in as little as eight weeks.
Q: Is XTEND safe?
A: Not only do each of the individual ingredients used in XTEND have an incredibly high dosing threshold and many years of validated clinical trials to support safety across a wide range of consumers, but XTEND did not adversely affect any measures of safety in either of the two clinical studies in which it was used chronically and at high doses for up to 10 weeks. Additionally, each batch of XTEND undergoes rigorous quality assurance and analytical testing to validate ingredient purity and potency, and is blended and packaged in an NSF for Sport® certified facility to ensure no banned substances are inadvertently introduced into the manufacturing process during production.
Q: How does XTEND work?
A: XTEND is formulated with a precise PentActive blend of key ingredients, synergistically involved in cellular processes to optimize muscle performance and response†:
• Stage 1: 7000 mg of BCAAs, in a 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine is used to provide metabolic energy while you train, as well as to stimulate muscle protein synthesis.†
• Stage 2: 2500 mg of Glutamine is used to increase extracellular concentrations of Glutamine, which helps to promote muscle intracellular BCAA metabolism down the correct energy and protein synthesis pathways via the BCAA aminotransferase enzyme.
• Stage 3: 640 mcg of Vitamin B6 serves as the rate-limiting cofactor involved in optimal BCAA aminotransferase reactions.
• Stage 4: 1000 mg of Citrulline Malate help support rapid ATP turnover and lactate re-absorption to support higher training volumes at a given exercise intensity. Citrulline also serves as a secondary signal to stimulate muscle protein synthesis, most likely arising from its ability to promote increased blood flow via increase nitric oxide (NO) and/or improving the energy state of a cell by promoting lactate re-absorption.
• Stage 5: 1171 mg of an extensively studied Electrolyte blend, consisting of Trisodium Citrate Dihydrate, Potassium Chloride, and Sodium Chloride, help to optimize muscle contractile function and promote cell hydration under the most brutal of conditions.
Q: How does XTEND compare to other products?
A: In both eight-week and 10-week clinical trials, XTEND has significantly outperformed Whey Protein, Carbohydrates and a 4:1 (Carb-to-Protein) sports beverage on measures of lean body mass, body fat, upper- and lower-body muscular endurance, and upper- and lower-body strength.
No other product on the market even comes close! Competitive products are either under-dosed, contain irrelevant ingredients that are included for label effect rather than any physiological reason, or are so ignorantly formulated as to make on wonder what species of animal the company believes is buying their product. During exercise beverages for the endurance world, on the other hand, still depend too heavily on simple carbohydrates or low doses of whey protein concentrate that yield only a fraction of the key amino acids and introduce unnecessary lactose and fat into a high-performance environment.
Q: Are there any other products that will help improve the results I achieve when using XTEND?
A: XTEND was formulated, and then recently reformulated to remove the need for additional ingredients while you train or compete. However, XTEND was explicitly designed to contain no carbohydrates or sugar so that you could dictate how you may want to manipulate your carbohydrate needs based upon your training cycle or duration. Therefore, when carbohydrates are desired, combine XTEND with up to 0.45 g of carbohydrate per pound of bodyweight, per hour of exercise. When carbohydrates are added, increase the amount of water used per serving so that the finished formula concentration is easily digested during exercise.
For a BCAA Powder this one is A++++++++++
Scivation XTEND (30 Servings) Customer Comments / Ratings
December 27th, 2017
Great tasting product. I find this product keeps you hydrated better than other BCAA's, thus decreasing the level of soreness the next day.
March 24th, 2017
Way too sweet. I bought blue raspberry and had to alter my portion from 1 scoop to 1/4 scoop to 4 cups of water.
March 2nd, 2017
Mango tastes delicious. I look forward to workouts more because I know I get to drink this before I leave.
December 26th, 2013
Of all the products that I have used for any category this is the only product that I have repurchased several times. It works great when doing intense workouts on an empty stomach. I do find it a little too sweet sometimes.
January 11th, 2013
pretty good , helps alot in those heavy muslce work outs like legs , gives awesome energy and taste is delicious
June 23rd, 2012
Not bad compared to others product that I used before! It helps me to recovery a little fast during my workout! The watermellon flavour is pretty good!